OLIMPIA ladies bicycle
OLIMPIA ladies bicycle, produced in Zakłady Metalowe MESKO (MESKO Metal Works) in Skarżysko-Kamienna in 1950s and 1960s. The artefact still has most of its original parts, including a faux leather-lined saddle, front and rear lights, and a pair of tires. There are small brackets in the rear fender to hold the netting that covers the rear wheel and prevent the cyclist's dress from getting between the spokes of the wheel of a moving bicycle. The original "OLIMPIA" inscription is visible on the top of the frame. Zakłady Metalowe MESKO (MESKO Metal Works) began its history in 1924 as an industrial investment on the territory of the "safety triangle". At that time, the Fabryka Amunicji nr 1 (Ammunition Plant No. 1) in Skarżysko was built – one of the most important industrial plants of the later Central Industrial District.
Time of creation:
Producer / author:
Zakłady Metalowe MESKO w Skarżysku-Kamiennej
metal, plastic, rubber, glass
width 62 cm, height 105 cm, length 190 cm